|2014 Reading List Update
||[Aug. 19th, 2014|05:57 pm]
LostPhrack: The Sexiest Antidepressant
Well, instead of going with something I already owned, I ended up getting a couple of books out from the library instead. Two new additions to the list!
1. The Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Luis Borges
2. The Strain by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo Del Toro
3. The Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka
4. The Fall by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo Del Toro
5. A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin
6. A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin
7. The Night Eternal by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo Del Toro
I actually finished these a few weeks back, but I've been slacking in updating for a wide variety of reasons.
Anyway, The Strain Trilogy is now done and it... was a bit meh. It started off fairly well but gradually fell apart as it went on. The ending and the revelation of the origin of the vampires in particular were massive letdowns. Ah well, can't win 'em all.
A Storm of Swords was ridiculously long, but it had a nice amount of important events scattered throughout it's length. I really enjoyed seeing where it different from the TV series and loved how the book's have been fleshing out the world. They've also done a fantastic job at conveying the scale and effects of the war, unlike the show. Looking forward to continuing the series, but at the moment I'm torn between reading ahead or waiting for the next season. Maybe it's time to take a break from the series and crack into some of the other books I've got lying around and need to polish off?